Monday, July 1, 2013

Final Suitability Interview

I had my final interview today with my placement officer! She actually called Friday afternoon and I missed it by 3 minutes (!) but was at work and couldn't have the interview anyway. We scheduled the interview for Monday at 12:15pm which meant I had to wait all weekend! I have never been so excited for a Monday and even created a countdown on my phone.

So today during my lunch break, I was parked on a random street eating a sandwich when my placement officer called me. The duration of the call was whole 7 minutes from pick up to hang up. She only asked me a few questions such as 'Has your motivation to join the Peace Corps changed since you first applied?' 'Has the level of support from family and friends changed?' and 'Are you comfortable living with a host family for part of or all of your service?' And that was it! She then told me I was invited to serve in Sub-Saharan Africa in health extension, departing mid-February! I am ecstatic, this is exactly the type of invitation I was hoping for!! The placement officer told me a formal invitation would be emailed to me at the end of this week or early next week. I'm thinking, 'Can't you send it now? You already know where I'm going!'

So now, I get to wait a few more days until actually finding out where I'll be serving. I think I've checked my email at least 50 times since noon. According to Peace Corps wiki, and a wonderful Google spread sheet found
here, I'm guessing it's going to be Ghana, Madagascar, or Malawi. I would be thrilled with any country! The next few days will be long until I receive my invitation and I hope I get it before the 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment